Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Wonderful One-Bowl Banana Bread

I ran across this recipe the other day, and it seemed simple enough to give it a try.  Plus, I had three bananas that were going to go bad soon, so why not try a new banana bread recipe?  This banana bread is easy and delicious!  All three of us have been enjoying it, and I think I’ll have to make another loaf this week!  If you want to cut the amount of sugar, I’m sure you could easily decrease it to a quarter to a half cup.  I dare you to try this recipe.  You might never try another banana bread recipe again! J


Wonderful One-Bowl Banana Bread
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed I used 3 this time.
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 4×8 loaf pan. With a mixer or wooden spoon, combine melted butter and mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, stirring just until combined. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the center doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pan lightly. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.

Variation:  You could add chocolate chips or nuts to the batch.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment