Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Breakfast Bake

Although I haven't had a chance to write a lot lately, I've actually tried several new recipes that I've been wanting to post!  Hopefully I can get updated with that in the next week or so.  Today I'm going to post a super-simple breakfast bake we made for a Saturday morning breakfast.  This was kid-approved by our 2 year old and so easy that we'll definitely make it again.  It would also be great for a potluck or brunch!  




Easy Breakfast Bake

6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
16 oz refrigerated breakfast biscuits (I used the Buttermilk Grands.)
4 scallions or green onions, chopped small
1 onion, chopped (This is optional although I use it.)
1-1 1/2 cups shredded extra sharp Cheddar Cheese or Colby Jack cheese* (I used 1 1/2 cups of Colby Jack.)
Your choice of meat, optional (I used a precooked, diced bag of ham.)
9×13 baking dish prepared with cooking spray

Directions:
1. Mix your eggs and milk in a large bowl.  Cut each biscuit into fours and add it to the bowl.  Let the biscuits sit in this bowl while preparing the rest of the ingredients to give it a chance to soak up the eggs.

2.  Add everything else to the bowl with eggs and biscuits.  Mix so the egg coats all ingredients.

3. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Just make sure it isn't runny.


*You can use pre-shredded cheese, but if you shred yourself it melts much better and blends together well.  I always try to shred myself when making this dish.


I made a few changes to the original recipe found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment