Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken


Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken
I wanted to use this new McCormick Caribbean Jerk Seasoning in a slow cooker recipe. I put together the following recipe and it was delicious! My husband was a HUGE fan of Red Robin’s Jamaican Jerk’d Chicken Sandwich, but they took it off the menu some time ago.  (He is forever disappointed about this.)  I was going to try to come up with a variation using some of the same ingredients.  This is what I came up with.

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts (I used frozen.)
1 can chunk pineapple (drain, but save juice 4-5 Tbsp.)
Juice from 1 lime
3 tsp. garlic, minced

This is super easy!
Put frozen, yes frozen, chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Rub with Caribbean Jerk Seasoning. Squeeze lime juice over chicken. Spread garlic over chicken. Drain pineapple saving 4-5 Tbsp. of juice. Pour pineapple chunks over chicken. Pour reserved pineapple juice over everything. Cook on high 4-5 hours, low 6-8 hours.  I served this with red beans and rice and green beans.




No comments:

Post a Comment