Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Rainbow Craft



This fall I've been doing a homeschool/preschool group with some moms in my area.  It's been a ton of fun and we've made some new friends, too.  Two of this week's themes are rainbows and the number 6.  For those who were unable to attend, here is my project in case you want to do it at home.



This is how I did it.  Of course, you can do it however you want!
Materials:
paper plate (I used yellow from the Dollar Tree.)
paper streamers (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
glue bottle (not glue stick)
Raindrops w/dots (I printed on blue paper.)
number 6
Scissors
Ribbon or string if you want to hang it when finished

1. Cut paper plate in half.  If you don't want to cut the plate, that's fine, too.
2.  Glue the streamers (6 rainbow colors) along the bottom of the plate.  They have to be close together or else they won't all fit.
3.  Cut out and glue the raindrops to the plate where the streamers meet the plate.  I created numbers 1-6 so your child can practice counting.
6.  Glue the colorful polka dot 6 to the front or back of the plate.  I stuck it on the back since I'm going to hang mine rather than put it on a wall/refrigerator.
7.  Punch hole and tie string/ribbon if you're going to hang it.


Here are the parts.  You can print them right from here, but it will work best if you right click, save the file, then open and print that way.










No comments:

Post a Comment