Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tortellini Chicken Soup with Black Beans

Here’s another slow cooker soup I threw together yesterday.  I had most of the ingredients in the pantry, so it was something pretty quick and easy to put together.  This was one of those soups that you can just toss in a can of this or a cup of that if you have something you want to use up.



Tortellini Chicken Soup with Black Beans
Ingredients
1 can black beans
I can Rotel (I used Aldi brand.)
1 Can Mexicorn (I used Aldi brand.)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped or diced
1 small green pepper, chopped or diced
1 small red pepper, chopped or diced
2 32oz. chicken broth or stock
1 Ranch packet
3 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. garlic salt (I added this about ½ hour before serving.  Add as much or as little as you like.)
1-2 Cups chicken breast, diced or shredded (I used 2 chicken breasts.)
1 bag frozen tortellini
Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top, if desired

Add all ingredients to the slow cooker except the tortellini.  Add the frozen tortellini to the soup about 30 minutes before serving.  In this final step, you basically just cook the soup until the tortellini is heated through.  Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese, if desired.  Enjoy!


I love simple recipes.  I really love simple slow cooker recipes.   



No comments:

Post a Comment