Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Bacon Potato Salad


Joe needed a side dish for a BBQ-themed work luncheon.  Once again I decided to pull out some of my Tastefully Simple seasonings for this easy recipe.  This is another recipe I found from the Tastefully Simple recipe database.  We really liked this potato salad, and although the Fiesta Party Dip Mix can be a little spicy, it made this salad delicious.  I don't like spicy at all, and I liked this salad.  Next time I’d use less than a whole onion since I think it was a little overpowering.  All in all, it was a great recipe to try! 

If you don't have Tastefully Simple brand seasonings, you can still play with the ingredients.  You could use a bag of real bacon bits and any fiesta-type seasonings.  The mixture of mayo and other ingredients was really good with this recipe.  


Bacon Bacon Potato Salad
Ingredients
5 large red potatoes (I used Russet since it's all I had.)
½-1 small diced onion (I used 1 whole onion and thought it was too much.)
2 cups real mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup Bacon Bacon™
1-2 tsp. dry Fiesta Party Dip Mix™
Ground black pepper to taste

Directions
Boil potatoes in water until tender; cool and dice. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl; fold in potatoes. Refrigerate 1-2 hours. Makes 6-8 servings.

Variations:  The original recipe calls for dill pickle relish.  It would also be good with some diced hard boiled eggs.

I apologize that there is no easy way to make a photo of potato salad look appetizing. 


Recipe adapted from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment