Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cranberry Apple Pork Tenderloin


Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Pork Loin
We bought a pork tenderloin with the intention of finding a new recipe to try.  I have two shelves of cookbooks, but where would I start my search process, you ask?  Why, Pinterest, of course!  I came up with four recipes that sounded good and my husband was the one to make the choice. 

We decided to try this one since it was pretty simple.  I’ve never cooked pork before, so this was our guinea pig, so to speak.  The only thing I would change is to add more salt when cooking.  I thought it was hard to add salt “to taste” when mixing ingredients that would be in a slow cooker all day, so I was pretty conservative with the salt, which left the final product needing more in the end.  Other than that, it was really tasty!  The blog I originally got this from said it was even better the next day, and she was right!  We loved it even more for left-overs the next day and the day after that.

Cook Time:  8 hours, low
Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1 (3 to 4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can whole cranberry sauce (not sliced cranberry sauce)
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c apple juice
2 apples, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Place roast in slow cooker; rub all over with the minced garlic. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Pork should be about 160° when fully cooked. Serve with Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes.

This recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment