Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DIY Scarf Hanger


I decided that my little drawer for scarves would do no longer for a couple of reasons.  The first being the drawer wasn’t big enough and my scarves usually ended up on the closet floor.  Second, I wanted to do something “crafty” to solve my problem.  And third, I was at BigLots with my little guy and ran across an extremely cheap way to do it.  Yes, I have one hundred one other things I could have done this afternoon, but I MUST get this project done.  Now. 

I will say I only have maybe fifteen scarves, tops, so I didn’t have a whole huge stash to deal with.  I also wanted some type of hanging device so I could easily see what my choices were on the mornings I needed a scarf to wear. 

All I ended up doing was buying a curtain rod for $1.25 and hammering it into my husband’s closet.  He has the bigger of our closets with enough room to hang the rod, so it worked perfectly.  He also had a 2x4 already on the wall for nails to hang his belts, so it worked even better!  You could easily nail this right into a wall as long as it's not a paper-thin wall like those of our childhood bedrooms. Like I said, it was a quick and cheap project to complete.  Not much explanation.  A picture (or 5) is worth a thousand words. 





They did not have a link to the exact curtain rod I purchased on the BigLots website (and I forgot to take a picture of it) but this same kind of thing can be purchased at Walmart.


No comments:

Post a Comment