Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice

Truth be told, the photos of this recipe didn't look super appealing to me, but I was looking for something to make using ingredients I already had in the house.  I had this one saved on Pinterest for a while and decided to give it a shot.  We were very pleased with how it came out!  We're already thinking about different variations we can do with the same concept!

It only requires six ingredients and I had all of them.  Woohoo for an easy, tasty meal--even for an 18 month old!



Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts  (I actually only used two large breasts.)
1 large onion, chopped
1 -8 ounce box Zatarain's Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
Instructions
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. 

A few minutes before serving, break up chicken a bit, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Cover and let cook 5-10 more minutes.  Serve hot.

UPDATE:  I made this again using Zatarain's Rice Pilaf, since I didn't have any Yellow Rice at home.  It was good, but the Yellow Rice box definitely gives a little more flavor.  Rice Pilaf made a good second choice, but the Yellow Rice is still #1.

Recipe found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment