Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

It's time for Meatballs y'all


Growing up with an Italian family, there was never a shortage of meatballs with the typical Italian dinner.  However, I have always been intimidated by the meatball and making them from scratch was not something I thought I could do well.  Thanks to my sister Jane, I had a recipe in my recipe binder for over a year for a meatball recipe she found online.  I pulled it out the other night and decided to give it a whirl.  I’m glad I did!  They were delicious and my husband already wants me to make these again!

Mmm Mmm Meatballs
1 pound extra lean ground beef
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 small onion, diced
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Combine the beef into a mixing bowl.  Add sea salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce.  Mix well.  I always find it best to mix with your hands!  Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs.  Mix until evenly blended.  Form into 1 ½ inch meatballs.  Place onto a baking sheet.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, until no longer pink in center.



The verdict:  These were delicious!  I did not use any of the spicy ingredients that were listed in the original recipe.  I’m a baby when it comes to spicy.  Next time I might make a few the same way but add the spicy ingredients in for my husband who can never have things too spicy.  After making this recipe, I’m no longer afraid to make homemade meatballs; that’s for sure!

Adapted from the recipe here.


No comments:

Post a Comment